CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Late?

Today started out like most Mondays. I woke up late, well not exactly late, but later than I like to wake up. I generally get up at about 5:30am so I can get to work around 7. I don't have to be to work until 8:00am but I like to get there early, I enjoy the people that I work with and my job. Anyhow I didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning which means that I won't get to work until about 7:30. Not actually late but late to me. I hate it when I do this to myself, it seems to throw my whole day off.

I eat breakfast when I get to work and this morning was no exception, open my fridge and grab the usual granola bar. I then got started on my usual Monday routine, reading reports and checking what was accomplished last week. I found a problem on one of the jobs that we are doing and go to investigate. After a couple of hours going over the information I found that one of our suppliers had made a mistake that had the potential to cost us a few thousand dollars. I contact that supplier and start discussing the issue with them and my cgms starts alarming, I check it and it says "predicted low". I confirm that reading with my glucose meter and it is right on. I pretty much eat the same thing every morning so this low came from left field. I grab a snack and finish my phone call. I went to lunch a while later and grabbed the usual two soft taco's no cheese and head back to work and ate my lunch. A little over two hours later I get the "predicted low" again. I eat one of three things for lunch every day, and I am usually in the 80's most of the afternoon, but today just seems to be the exception to the rule day. My readings hung around 65 the rest of the afternoon. I get ready to leave work and check the cgms, 64, I think to myself, is it OK to drive? I haven't had any problems driving with readings in the 60's before so I head home. I get home and take a couple of my daughters to their ball practice. After practice I finally get a chance to have some supper, I eat and a couple of hours later I'm still in the low 60's. So I happily fix that with a bowl of low fat Butter Pecan ice cream. That fixed those readings, I'm now at 92.

When I start my day out late, self imposed or otherwise, it seems to set the tone for everything being just a little off course.

0 comments: