CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Diabetic Toys

When I arrived home from work tonight there was another package waiting on me. This one contained the Medtronic USB care link device. I set it up and downloaded the information from my cgms. After looking over my results I got to thinking about the tools or "toys" that I use to help me control this crazy disease. Here's my list of Toys so far.

  • One Touch Ultra Smart, the only meter that i actually paid for
  • One Touch Ultra
  • One Touch Mini, Silver
  • One Touch Mini, Pink, had to have this, pink is close to red, my favorite color
  • 2 One Touch Ultra-Links
  • 2 One Touch meter cables
  • One Touch Diabetes Software
  • Medtronic Continuous Glucose Monitor
  • Medtronic Download Cable
  • Medtronic Care-Link USB Device

I know it sounds odd to be somewhat excited about having this many devices to help me control this disease but in a strange way I am. I suppose that this means I have come to grips with this diagnosis of diabetes. I obviously would much rather go on living life as I did before diabetes, but unfortunately that is not possible. I guess as in all things you have to look at the bright side of being diagnosed with diabetes. I am probably healthier now than I have been in about 20yrs, I've lost most of the weight that I should have done years ago and there is no doubt that my eating habits are healthier now than they ever have been.

I guess to sum this all up diabetes has made me a healthier person, outside of having diabetes of course.

0 comments: