CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eat more so I can exercise?

I have never been good at the exercising part of being diabetic. For the first year after my diagnosis I did really well, I ate right, lost weight and had good control of my blood sugars. Now here I am going on year two with diabetes and admittedly I am not doing as well, or at least that’s the way that I feel. I know that I haven’t been eating as well as I should and the weight loss seems to have hit a plateau for the last few months. I know at this point it looks like I am going to have to start doing some sort of exercise to loose the last of the weight that I need to.

Finding where to put exercise in my schedule is my next dilemma. I have a very erratic schedule, my day typically starts at 5:30 in the morning getting myself ready for work and the kids ready for school and then out the door around 6:00am. I am then usually back home around 6:30 in the evening. I can’t see myself getting up any earlier; I am definitely not a morning person. In the evenings I really like my time to just set and relax so I guess that this will be the best time for me to work in some exercise.

I am not much for the normal exercises, so I think my best bet to getting exercise is working outside. Mowing, hauling dirt to fill those holes in the driveway, putting some more backfill around the house and the shed, fixing fence etc....

This is by no means a promise to anyone that reads this or even to myself that I am going to do this all of the time. I would like to say that I will but I know that it will not happen on a regular basis. But the way that I look at it, if I can at least get out and do some of these things on an irregular basis it will be a lot more than I am doing now.

Exercise is good for loosing weight and lowering your blood sugars. Here is my problem with the last half of that statement, my last A1C test last month was 4.9. So if I exercise to loose weight and it lowers my blood sugars do I need to eat more so I don’t get to low?
Man is diabetes ever fun to figure out!

0 comments: