CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Out of the Closet?

It’s been some time since I posted here. I have been trying to decide which direction to go with this blog. I started out wanting to write about the things that tend to torque me off with diabetes in hopes that the reading audience would understand my complaints more so than the non-diabetes people that I have talked to. I have found a couple of problems with writing about complaints. The first one is that the more diabetes blogs that I read the less that I have to really be torqued off about. I have come to understand that those of us with diabetes are for the most part a very understanding group. We have to be, if not this diabetes thing would drive us all crazy. I know, short drive for some of us, me included. The second problem I have with just writing about my complaints is that I’m generally a happy person (don’t ask my kids to confirm that). I have a positive outlook, I smile a lot, I enjoy life and what ever it throws at me, so only writing about what gets me down just doesn’t seem to be a good fit for me.

I have given some thought to writing about my life in general but I’m just not real comfortable with this, at least not just yet. I have some concerns with how it could affect my job, my friends and especially my family. I only know one person that knows that I write a blog, one of my daughters. She thinks its ok, I don’t think she has actually read much of anything on this blog, not that there’s anything here that she would object to. I suppose that I could write about my life in general but I think that it would be very hard to not include things that would make me easy to identify. I think that last sentence is what scares me the most because if I can be identified then my family and work can be identified. I don’t think that I am completely ready for that yet. I know that with a little work on behalf of a few people that know me they could easily figure out that I write a blog. I suppose that being said, I should probably come to grips with the fact that at some point people will put me and this blog together and it will be known by family and a few co-workers.

So the question still stands will I or will I not write about my life in general. I think that I will, it may just take me a while to get comfortable with everyone being able to see some of my inner thoughts.

0 comments: