CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Self Control is Showing

As of my last doctors appointment my doctor lowered the amount of byetta that I was taking from 10mcg to 5mcg. My doctor was concerned with my blood sugars going into the 50’s on a regular basis. Now here I am a little over a month later and I have to admit that the doctor was right, I’ve only had a couple of episodes of 50’s in the last month.

I know it is better for me to keep my blood sugars above the low range. It’s important for my long range health to keep the highs and lows at bay as much as possible.

All of that being said I am still not real pleased with the switch in my medication. Outside of the obvious benefit of byetta helping with keeping my blood sugars in check it is also great at keeping my hunger in check. Well at least it was great at keeping my hunger in check. Now that I am on the lower dose I seem to be starving all the time. Before the switch I could take or leave food, I was not ever very hungry. Now with being hungry all the time my self control is showing. I’ve gained ten pounds in the last month. I guess with the medication change I am now going to have to learn how to control my hunger with something other than medication. This is going to be quite the challenge for me. Self control with food is definitely something that I’m not good at.

I know change is inevitable, but man was I ever happy with where I was with my medications and weight loss efforts. I had lost over 60lbs in the last year. Now I’m back to moving the other direction and having to learn self control with food. #*^~, bad word, very bad word, but that is exactly how I feel right now. Life would be so much easier if once you got things mostly figured out you could just keep them the same.

1 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I definitely can relate to feeling hungry all the time. I have started drinking a lot of water with a powdered fiber mix, and it seems to give me a full feeling without the calories. I use the Kellogg's All-Bran fiber drink mix, but I suppose any kind of fiber powder in water would work.

Good luck!